Who we are – This website is owned and operated by Gifts on the Square, Unit A8, Spithead Business Centre, Newport Road, Sandown, PO36 9PH
Our website address is: https://www.giftsonthesquare.com/
Our GDP officer is Iain McCarthy
To request ‘Data deletion’ Please see the subject ‘ Data deletion requests ‘ below.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Most web browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. The AboutCookies.org website contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. This website is not associated with Goodleaf and we are not responsible for their content.
Please be aware that restricting cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one. For example, you may have difficulties logging in to your account or buying products.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select Remember Me , your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Here’s how to do it:
For information on how to manage cookies via other browsers, please consult your documentation or online help files.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Please contact us to request an exported file of your personal data that we hold or to erase any data that we hold about you. There is no charge for this
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Gifts on the Square, Unit A8, Spithead Business Centre, Newport Road, Sandown, PO36 9PH You can send us a message here Send message
How we protect your data
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure the protection of all such personal information. We use appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data used by our system, including SSl certification so that all traffic sent over the site is securely transmitted. Giftsforclubs.com is hosted on a, firewalled, dedicated secure server environment including top level security software, intrusion detection and intrusion prevention systems, consistent with industry best practices, as documented in standards such as ISO/IEC 27002
What data breach procedures we have in place
- Our breach procedures ensure that we have safeguards and measures in place to identify, assess, investigate and report any personal data breach at the earliest possible time. Our procedures are robust and have been disseminated to all employees, making them aware of the reporting lines and steps to follow.
- Data deletion requests :-
You are entitled to request us to erase any personal data we hold about you under EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please use our data deletion request form which can be found HERE.
Once you have completed the form please email it to us at email@example.com
We will do our best to respond promptly and in any event within one month of the following:
- Our receipt of your written request;
- Our receipt of any further information we may ask you to provide to enable us to comply with your request, whichever happens to be later.
The information you supply in this form will only be used for the purposes of identifying the personal data you are requesting that we erase and responding to your request. You are not obliged to complete this form to make a request, but doing so will make it easier for us to process your request quickly.
- Updates to this notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 08/10/2021. Please check back regularly to keep informed of changes to this Notice.